Make video with GStreamer

Hello all, but more Vaclav!

Vaclav, could you share the experience of creating animation?
Now I use mencoder with command:

mencoder "mf://*.png" -o video.avi -mf fps=25 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=msmpeg4v2

but quality of video is not sufficient... Your videos on youtube is much
better.
When I tried to use Yade's function utils.encodeVideoFromFrames() I got
video only from one frame.
Then I tried to use GStreamer directly with command:

gst-launch multifilesrc location=%04d.png index=0
caps="image/png,framerate=1/1" ! pngdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc
sharpness=2 quality=63 ! oggmux ! filesink location="output.ogg"

but again I got one frame video and without any errors from gstreamer:

sega@laptop:/mnt/desktop/work/yade/benchmarks/performance1/test2>
./makevideo.sh
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 1281797 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I can not understand what was happening...