Re: Perfomance benchmark

> I did some performance tests of Yade and they are very good. But I am
> confused about OpenMP because the results with the 1 and 2 threads are
> almost identical. Maybe I have something wrong doing? I attach the used
> scripts and results.
I think it speed of RAM that determines mostly if openmp is useful
(along with the processor/RAM bus architecture). What I've tried so far,
only DDR3 (and faster, in the future) RAM will give significant
performance benefits. I will run that test in the evening here and post
the results, and I encourage other people to do the same. We can make a
wiki page out of that. Cheers, Vaclav