[Fwd: Re: Is it possible to run Coupled-Fluid-DEM modeling with the current version of YADE?]

--- Begin Message --- I accept Vaclav's criticisms. I planned indeed to commit my code, but surely not "RIGHT NOW". I hope to have time to spend on it in a few weeks (after the defense of my PhD), for maybe a commit under the Christmas tree, after surely some days/weeks of nervous breakdowns because of the difference between the current version and mine I modified a little... (to the question : why did you not regularly update => because, by doing so, I would have lost my .xml saves)

Jerome

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
I'm working with Bruno Chareyre on coupling fluid&DEM, in the university of Grenoble.

Guys, are we ever going to see some code in the repository? I know it is
in development, but that is exactly what bzr is for. If you don't work
with trunk, just create completely separate branch based on 0.12 or
whatever else and work there; keep the code public.

The unwritten law of open-source is that unless there are contributions,
the project stagnates and dies. You (Jerome, Bruno, Vincent and others)
complain about lack of project leadership ("dedicated research engineer
to boost Yade development" on the wiki), but it has to start from the
small things like this.

During last 3 years, I was fixing things I needed for my thesis, and I
was commiting the code. I could have used local version and modify it
just for me as well, but would that be useful for the project? If you
are happy with what I did, do the same and give your code back as well.

Sorry for being harsh, but this state of affairs makes me sad.

Howgh.