Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 1815: 1. Make the optimized build default (as per Sega's suggestion); it also sets linkStrategy to mono...

2009/11/23 <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> revno: 1815
> committer: Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>
> branch nick: trunk
> timestamp: Mon 2009-11-23 17:09:25 +0100
> message:
>  1. Make the optimized build default (as per Sega's suggestion); it also
> sets linkStrategy to monolithic (is that OK?)

I have an experience of starting compiling with linkStrategy=monolithic on
the machine with less than 2GB RAM. And it almost hangs. SWAP-partitions is
using all the time, it can be very confusing for novices. Maybe, it is a
good idea to check the available RAM and then choose the linkStrategy. Is
that possible?

Thanks

Anton Gladkyy