Re: [FIXED] Need help for compilation/linkage of triangulation based classes

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
-I'd like to get rid of CPPPATH and LIBPATH in my profile, where can I put /extra/triangulation as *PATH by default?
I don't understand. You have to use those, if the lib is in non-standard
directory.
The lib and header are in extra/triangulation. If I don't define extra/triangulation as an additional path, scons do not find them. So I can define those paths in my profile, but it doesn't really make sense, since the lib will always be in the same directory. It would be better to have /extra/triangulation as paths by default.

-It would be nice to generate TesselationWrapper automatically (exec. triangulation/makefile ) when the feature "triangulation" is requested.
As suggested in the other mail, it could be done when 'cgal' feature is
enabled (any reason for new feature?).
The new feature is here because it was the only way I found to force linkage of TCollider and MicroMacroAnalyzer with libTesselationWrapper (my own lib, not part of cgal, but #including cgal headers). By default, classes like TriangulationCollider are not linked with this lib, you can try it and you will see. I don't know why. I guess there is a bug in the "heuristic" linkage (problem with static libs perhaps?).
So, I exploited the fact that featured libs are linked automatically.

Yes, this is a bit redundant. Linking vs. both CGAL _and_ TWrapper as soon as cgal is enabled would be better. How to do that?

And how to tell scons to execute the makefile when cgal is enabled? This is more a matter of syntax than a fundamental question.

Note : I'm not even sure linking with cgal is needed in fact. Cgal is mostly templates, and most probably everything I need is already encapsulated in lib TesselationWrapper.a.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43