Re: some smaller changes

1. I will rename StandAloneEngine -> GlobalEngine (since it describeds
what it really does, globally affecting the scene). But what about
DeusExMachina? BodyEngine (since it usually operates on a set of
bodies)?

For me, Standalone and Deus could be merged, and Global is a good name for this merging. Note some DeusEx are working on other engines instead of bodies.

2. Since Law is used for constitutive law, would it make sense to rename
NewtonsDampedLaw to NewtonIntegrator or something similar? (Damping is
clearly not the main feature of that class)
Ok. "Damped" is just a trace of when I merged the 6 (or 8?) integrating engines into this one, including forceDamping and momentDamping.

3. BoundFunctor is currently 2d, dispatching on Shape and Bound. It
however forces you to decide what collider you use by setting the bound
type beforehand. I would prefer that BoundFunctor would dispatch only
based on Shape, but there would have to be a way to specify regular
bodies (non-clumps), where no bound is required. It could be either a
Body::noBound or something like that flag, or we could use the
Body::groupMask in combination with mask of the dispatcher or functors
to prevent bound for a particular body (hm... what can be such body good
for? it really makes it as if it were absent from the scene, right?)

I have no clear idea on this.

4. (already done) Scene* Dispatcher::scene is pointer to the current
scene. It is updated by every dispatcher in all functors at every step.
I think the overhead is rather small. It is really just meant for e.g.
accessing scene->dt from inside the functors, instead of passing
additional argument to them.

Perfect.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43