Re: some smaller changes

Le 9 déc. 2009 à 16:49, Václav Šmilauer a écrit :

> Hi, I am in the process of writing programmer's manual to yade and some
> idiosyncracies are showing up.
>
> 1. I will rename StandAloneEngine -> GlobalEngine (since it describeds
> what it really does, globally affecting the scene). But what about
> DeusExMachina? BodyEngine (since it usually operates on a set of
> bodies)?

If I understand correctly, DeusExMachina (DExM) and StandAloneEngine (SAE) differ only with one virtual class (hold by DExM).
What about making the supplementary virtual function of DExM an empty function (without =0). Then
remove SAEs and change the mother class of each class that inherit from SAE by DExM.  And finally rename DeusExmachina->GlobalEngine (that sound good for me).
(??)

> 2. Since Law is used for constitutive law, would it make sense to rename
> NewtonsDampedLaw to NewtonIntegrator or something similar? (Damping is
> clearly not the main feature of that class)

You're right

I can't answer or give opinion for the other questions. sorry.
I just want to add that Vaclav is making a hard and important job and I would like to thank him for that.

Vincent