Re: PeriTriaxController

Displacement/velocity?

It is totally equivalent for me, but proportional displacement seems easier and more robust (no risk of resetting the speed in an engine before it is actually computed, no special cases in Newton's law,...).
I would go for proportional instantaneous displacement.

So, the scheme is :

Define the strain rate e'_kk in each direction

- e'_kk = constante
or
- e'_kk(t+dt) = e'_kk(t) + (stress_error)/mass

Assign proportional displacement dr = e * r

We are still discussing this here, I'm anticipating a little, but I think we can converge to something compatible with that.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43