Re: velgrad

I did it a little different than I proposed lastly. The cell shrinks,
though, when I apply pure shear, which is not right? (using
scripts/test/periodic-triax-velgrad.py, the height decreases...)

Can you check those few formulas in Cell::integrateAndUpdate? I
commented all Hsize-related things out. _shearIncrt was renamed to
_strainInc (since it is strain increment, no? Maybe I don't understand
right what is what, which can also be the cause of cell shrinking?)

I'll try to review that and make suggestions in the comming days (and again : no shearIncr is not strainIncr, it is really the displacement increment gradient for step dt, best name perhaps : "trsfIncr").
I removed VELGRAD and unified both approaches. You can set
strain/refSize directly,
What is strain? What is the difference between size and refSize?
What is the meaning of this? :
_shearTrsfMatrix[0][0]=_shearTrsfMatrix[1][1]=_shearTrsfMatrix[2][2]=1.;
 and additionally you can also set velGrad.
(Analogous to changing body position directly, or changing its
velocity).

Good! We are converging! :)

Cheers.

Bruno

p.s. Just to be sure I made it clear : _shearTrsfMatrix and shearIncr are representing arbitrary deformations in my code, and would be better named trsfMatrix and trsfIncrMatrix.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43