Re: velgrad

> The thing is M^n will increment only one component when M is :
>
> 1 e 0
> 0 1 0
> 0 0 1
>
> The growth is more complex in some other cases but still correct.

I double-checked scripts/test/periodic-triax-velgrad.py; the reason it
was shrinking vertically is that there was PeriTriaxController engine
doing the shrinking. If disabled, shear is pure for the case I
mentioned.

To me it is not clear what is the advantage of multiplying velGrad by
trsf before applying it, but I don't mind actually, if it works.

Is the velocity gradient what they call like that in
http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Earth--Atmospheric--and-Planetary-Sciences/12-800Fall-2004/C6754086-6D62-4354-BB9A-1E8AEF4B4967/0/lecture5.pdf (sect. 5.4) ?

v.