Re: KLA

> The function KinematicLocalisationAnalyser::DefToFile(const char*
> output_file_name) is
> now generating files like this (code below).
> Can you check how to make vtk magic with that?
> Note that ids will start at 6 in some cases as ids=0...5 are for walls.
> I attach one small example.

Hi Bruno, it would be nice to have access to triangulation and related
data from python. There is (since around Christmas) way to construct
numpy arrays from c++, so I think it would be nice to make a function
that would return dictionary mapping names to arrays (numpy arrays are
very memory-efficient in terms of avoiding copying data, and are a
de-facto standard in python world). We support 1d/2d, Real/int arrays
(can be extended, but I doubt anything beyond is useful here), the
function would return python::dict (have a look at py/_eudoxos.cpp::137
(testNumpy), which creates 2 arrays and returns those) with something
like:

ret["vertices"]=2d Real array sized (nVertices x 3), where each column
would have 3 Real numers with vertex coordinates (i.e. sphere position).

ret["triangulation"]=2d int array sized (nTetrahedra x 4), each column
containing 4 ints of the tetrahedron vertices.

ret["strain"]=2d Real array sized (nTetrahedra x
numberOfStrainComponents), each columns containing strain for the
respective tetrahedron

ret["verticesStrain"]=same, but averaged for each vertex (body position)
from its neighbouring tetrahedra

etc (I am not sure what your code can really compute).

It would be up to the user to interpret those things right, i.e. know
that "vertices" define vertices and so on.

I can give some advices on that but unfortunately I don't have time to
do that myself now.

Cheers, Vaclav