Re: Fwd: Re: Is shear incremental calculation verified

> I though I would start from this Dem6Dof next time I have to implement a
> new law. But you know, it is always the same problem : I know the
> CohesiveFrictional code and I tested it. Learning new notations will
> take time,  while it needs only few minutes to do what I want with the
> old code. At least, I'll recommend new users to start with Dem6Dof if
> they want to derive a new constitutive law (which is not what they seem
> to do unfortunately).
>
> "Mess" is a relative concept : it took me approximately the same time to
> understand Galizzi's SortCollider and Smilauer's one.
I think this comparison is unfair ;-) the collider is complicated
conceptually, although the basic unoptimized variant, without periodic
boundary etc, was quite clean code (then it was velocity bins, periodicity
etc that made the code complex).

For geometry, those things are conceptually quite clean and can be coded
cleanly.

No time, later. Bye,v

 I'm not sure which