Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2069: NEW TRY to add the updated version of cohesiveFrictionalContactLaw called cohesiveFrictionalPM (s...

Am I right seeing that we have now

* CohesiveFrictionalMat, CohesiveFrictionalRelationships,
CohesiveFrictionalContactInteraction, CohesiveFrictionalContactLaw
(those will be renamed, I hope)

* CFpmMat, Ip2_CFpmMat_CFpmMat_CFpmPhys, CFpmPhys,
Law2_ScGeom_CFpmPhys_CohesiveFrictionalPM

?

What is the difference? Can we not make up our minds to settle on some
better names? I really don't like lack of documentation (especially for
new code). Please put all documentation that is currently in /* comments
*/ inside the YADE_CLASS_BASE_DOC_* documentation, since that is what
then appears on the web and what users (not programmers) will read. (I
know that is not yet the case with Cpm, I am working on it right now. I
think the "high-level overview" will be best put in docs for the
material class, since that one comes first in simulation, or to the law
functor docs...)

Please make sure you explain well features of the law, references to
papers etc.

Regarding the difference to CohesiveFrictional* things, I would suggest
that you use some different name that will be express more succintly
what kind of material is the model good for (what is it?). Most
materials are cohesive frictional (including concrete, snow, etc).

Don't get me wrong, Luc, we all (me included) appreciate that you commit
your code, but we need to maintain some consistency and manageable
development. Otherwise every single person will have his/her own classes
that no other people will use, since they will not be documented. We
already had such situation not so long time ago and all the code ended
up being removed (from repository, or in attic, which is just, well,
attic where you put garbage); keep that in mind.

Cheers, Vaclav