Re: About Yade Documentation : sphynx

> - the small remark is for the 1st page I read (after the welcome page) :
> https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/basics.html#f1
> Typing "yade", or "yade-whatever" in my shell does not launch yade, as
> it is stated in this page... I know that it is a not yade issue, but a
> linux one, and as far as I am concerned I can fortunately launch yade
> correctly. But such "problems" in the very first lines of the very first
> pages of a documentation seem to me to be very discourageing for
> beginners. So maybe it would be good to modify it ??

I added a rather lengthy footnote about that. It is right that it can be
confusing. Installations from packages will have just fine, though.

> - the more conceptual one : how to deal with (modify ?) this
> documentation ? If I (or anyone else) have other remarks about this
> documentation, what should we do ? Sending mails each time, hoping that
> Vaclav will correct it - if it appears to be useful ? I guess that, for
> Vaclav first, it would not be a good idea... So, that's my general
> question, how do you consider this documentation and the use you should
> do with it (compared to the wiki for example) ?

You are raising a very valid issue. I have no clear idea how to do that;
I thought that I might put this as appendix to my thesis, in which case
I should be the only author.

On the other hand, all your suggestins will be welcome as I certainly
overlook many things. Source files for the docs are in a bzr branch at
https://launchpad.net/~eudoxos/+junk/ydoc/ (I don't think you can commit
to that one, though).

For now, I don't mind if you send e-mails about such things to me. Let's
see how it works out. If there is too much traffic, I could make the
branch public, so that everybody could commit the changes back.

I welcome other opinions on this.

Vaclav