Re: Fortran libraries

> But I am clueless how to ask the FORTRAN opensource code to read the
> textfile and execute its operations, from YADE.  Is it even possible?
It certainly is, as fortran has the same calling convention as c
(meaning: you can call fortran functions from c and vice versa). But I
know no fortran and you have to figure this black magic by yourself.

> According to some websites, that C/Fortran array pointers cannot be
> shared.
That doesn't seem right; pointer is just address in memory (basically
unsigned integer). What can be different is layout of the actual object.
IIRC fortran stores 2d arrays in row-major form (first index varies
fastest) whereas c stores them in column-major (last index variest
fastest), that makes the difference. (Certainly you cannot pass pointer
from c++ to fortran expecting it to treat it as instance of that class
but I don't think that's what you expected)