Re: π=2 ?! (Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys)

Obviously; I just wanted to establish relations in some limit cases,
such as hexagonal dense packing -- to see how much it p-wave
over/underestimates what GSTS gives. P-wave critical timestep is, from
what I gathered, routinely used in continuum dynamics, and for people
with that background, it would be nice to show the correspondence.

Ok. Defining P-wave implies defining the macroscopic Young modulus of the packing, right? You can make the comparison with the example I mentionned before : cubic packing (E=E*). In that case you can define PWave velocity and particles eigen frequencies simply. My guess is that both methods will give the exact same result in that case.