Re: How to use a plugin

> Thanks, so much.  Does doing this, mean that my file CWBoonPlugin.cpp will have assess to both YADE functions like interaction->id1 and state->pos, as well as the external C library?  In other words, behave like any other Ig2Functor?
>
> Another question is this:
> The subroutine for the library is Minimize(a,b,C).  C is again another subroutine C(x,y,z), which returns the value of the function and its derivatives.  I cannot pass YADE pointers to it, because I cannot define C as C(x,y,z, yade pointer).   I managed to do it in python by using "from yade import *".  This way, I can assess O.bodies.state.pos any place I like within the subroutine, without giving it as the input argument.  But the python one is running too slow.  How do I do that in C/C++.  The equivalent of "from yade import *"?
I assume C is pointer to function, right? You can pass pointer to your
own function (careful... it must be static function, since member
functions have different prototype (they receive "this" pointer as
hidden first argument)). What's the problem? Do you need the C function
to get more data than just x,y,z?

In that function (even if it is static), you can use
Omega()::instance().getScene() to get shared_ptr<Scene>.

(Most libs that take function pointers to custom functions let you pass
(void*) pointer to that function, though)