Re: [Yade-users] Interaction at distance

Hi,

There is no explicit definition of the max distance. We consider that when the capilllary model gives a water volume=0 (also corresponds to force=0), there is no interaction, and we make sure bboxes are larger than the largest possible interaction distance. The constitutive law needs a potential interaction with all physical parameters to compute the volume of a possible liquid bridge between two spheres, be it 0. So, there is no other way, we create some interactions that will never apply any force, but that are used to check if there is a bridge or not.

Bruno

chiara modenese a écrit :
Hi Luc (Bruno),

about capillary forces, I suppose that the interparticle distance at which you decide to exert such forces is not fixed but depends upon different factors. For the same reason, I suppose you do not use to enlarge bb of a fixed value in pair with the contact detection factor defined in the geom Ig2 functor. May I ask you how do create the interaction in your case? In Yade the contact law can manage to erase the interaction and I understand I can include whatever relationship I need in it, but the interaction itself can only be instantiated at the collider level. So, how did you that without using the interactionDetectionFactor?

Thanks for your answer,
Chiara