Re: incremental formulation normal force

> I need the incremental formulation for the normal force in the contact
> law. Could you tell me how to do that? Should I simply used the
> normalVelocity component computed at contact as we do for the shear
> force? What about the sign convention? Should it remain the same,
> right?
Using relative velocity (it will be much easier than for shear, since it
is 1D) would be the simplest, it seems.

Or if you want to go more precise, you could store previous normal
deformation, then compute the current one (total formulation), divide by
Δt to get increment and add it to previous incremental normal
deformation... Perhaps too complicated...

Cheers, v.