Re: Enriching GLobaleEngine hierarchy

> My current point of view is relying only on what I can find in your
> presentation you did in Grenoble : "PartialEngine : act on some
> bodies/interactions" (whereas "GlobalEngine : act on all
> bodies/interactions") in slide 13.
> So from what I understand from this, I would consider
> "BoundaryController", which I see as Engines modifying directly the
> position, speed... of few bodies, as PartialEngines.

You have a point. It is a matter of interpretation, though.

You act on a few bodies, but those bodies represent boundary conditions
and you want to control the whole packing with them.... The same would
be true for TriaxialStressController, which also controls only 6 bodies
in fact...

In the contrary case, the distintion would be almost meaningless, as
among GlobalEngines, there would be perhaps ForceResetter and gravity
engines. Then periodic engines (PeriIsoCompressor and
PeriTriaxController would be in different groups, which doesn't seem
very logical...)

Some opinions from other people?