Re: Enriching GLobaleEngine hierarchy

"Global" sounds more appropriate for boundary conditions for me, but it is just matter of taste. A difference between partial engines and TSController is that TSC is looping on all interactions and bodies for some tasks (defining boundaries stiffness, computing unbalanced force,...), even if it directly acts on 6 of them only. It is not a very clear distinction though...

Bruno

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
My current point of view is relying only on what I can find in your presentation you did in Grenoble : "PartialEngine : act on some bodies/interactions" (whereas "GlobalEngine : act on all bodies/interactions") in slide 13. So from what I understand from this, I would consider "BoundaryController", which I see as Engines modifying directly the position, speed... of few bodies, as PartialEngines.

You have a point. It is a matter of interpretation, though.

You act on a few bodies, but those bodies represent boundary conditions
and you want to control the whole packing with them.... The same would
be true for TriaxialStressController, which also controls only 6 bodies
in fact...
In the contrary case, the distintion would be almost meaningless, as
among GlobalEngines, there would be perhaps ForceResetter and gravity
engines. Then periodic engines (PeriIsoCompressor and
PeriTriaxController would be in different groups, which doesn't seem
very logical...)

Some opinions from other people?