Re: QT gui tree serialization archive, qt3/qt4 and qglviewer

> YADE QT interface is extremely simple now. I suppose that we could
> add qt4 without much hassle. And so have the boost::serialization,
> once above example works.

Simple, but it will have to be rewritten from scratch I think. You have
to be able to start qt4 gui on-demand from python (I was surprised it
worked with qt3) and a few other things; it has to be done via passing
custom signals (so that the right thread handles the request to open the
Controller, for instance), which makes things a little complicated.

> I already tested that recent qglviewer works with qt4 flawlessly. And
> in debian there are two binary libs of glviewver: for qt3 and qt4.
> While there is just one qglviewer-dev, because it works with both qt3
> and qt4. Currently I have both of them installed. And both -dev and
> bin packages cooperate together flawlessy. I can compile and run some
> qglviewer base app for qt3 and qt4 at the same time.
>
> In ubuntu we have qglviewer-qt3 and -qt4 too. Are we going to
> remove it from our trunk sometime?

You are welcome to test the build with official qglviewer. It would be
desirable, certainly. I am not sure if it will play well with qt3. We
have to make sure it builds on all "supported" distributions (like a few
versions of ubuntu and at least testing & unstable of debian).

Cheers, v.