Re: [Yade-users] total formulation + modifying friction?

Yeah, I got a banana too, and compilation went to plugin24 in the meantime... (matter of days before I get a decent pc).
the answer while staring at a banana: since the stress _is_ right after
the slip (as it is computed independently), the force is right as well.
COOL!
Yes, I wouldn't have notice anything without changing friction.
Still wondering if it couldn't result in different force orientation in some cases (after many iterations), since cp1rel was based on wrong values. Not sure.

That also explains (_big_ thanks)

Glad to help. :)
 why I had bogus values for dissipated
energy on interactions; typically it was something around 1e10, though
it didn't look like garbage values (which puzzled me really) at all
Indeed, the return value 2*diff.norm() was nonsense but finite. I guess you used that one for plastic dissipation? By the way, there are a few useless operations in the whole dem3DOF thing (like sqrt computed twice here and there, or diff.norm() computed but not used - and equivalent to (currDist-displacementTMax)). Ok, to fix this at the same time?