Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2237: - Simplify equations inside plastic condition of Dem3Dof (1 sqrt instead of 3, less norm()), add ...

> Because there was "max" in the original name and I went for the smallest
> change.
I don't see the logic behind that. Whatever.
>  I agree with the name you suggest.
> I fixed the division by zero, thanks for pointing it out.

> Oh, you are right. It is a problem. I'll think about it.
You wrote the "throw" in the function in Dem3DofGeom; I assume you know
what it does... Unless you did cut&paste of the code, which you know
what I think about.

> (btw, a general question : why computing distances for energy? can't we
> simply use cross products between force and disp. vectors?).
distance*|F|=work (|F| is already known, it is radius of plasticzone for
given sigmaN)? If you do cross product, then you have to compute the
norm of it anyway.

> = 1 squaredNorm() + 1 sqrt() + 1 division
Agreed. (I think you don't need to bother to count divisions and sums,
they are instructions which are fast)