Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2237: - Simplify equations inside plastic condition of Dem3Dof (1 sqrt instead of 3, less norm()), add ...

Oh, you are right. It is a problem. I'll think about it.
You wrote the "throw" in the function in Dem3DofGeom; I assume you know
what it does... Unless you did cut&paste of the code, which you know
what I think about.

"throw" means "throw", and implies it has to be implemented in derived class. It IS implemented actually, in the class I was testing, I forgot somebody else would use this code for facets too. Is it really the case by the way? Who is using Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_Basic with facets? Is it only working (I remember it doesn't work for triaxial tests)?

(btw, a general question : why computing distances for energy? can't we simply use cross products between force and disp. vectors?).
distance*|F|=work (|F| is already known, it is radius of plasticzone for
given sigmaN)? If you do cross product, then you have to compute the
norm of it anyway.

I wrote cross product?! Sorry, I meant dot product : u.f=work, there is no norm().