Re: Ig vs. periodicity

This is in Ig (ScGeom), not Ig2, sorry. Ig has no scene. Currently (r2255) I'm passing Vector3r shiftVelocity to SCGeom::rotateAndGetShear(). shiftVelocity is computed in Law2 based on the values mentionned below. Then ScGeom is just adding shift*dt it to the computed value of disp. increment. It could really be all done in Law2, but I think it makes sense to make ScGeom return the correct increment. The only solution to make this transparent is to access scene and interaction from inside ScGeom (just passing them as parameters?). Would there be any penalty?

Bruno

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
Problem, I need to access : scene->cell->isPeriodic, scene->cell->velgrad, and scene->cell->Hsize from inside Ig2.

Currently, Ig2's don't have the scene pointer. Is it imposed by design? Should I better pass all three parmeters to rotateAndShear?
It does have the pointer, just like all other functors.