Re: triaxial test with clumps: wm3 vs. eigen

About 2000 spheres. Each clump is about 4 or 6 spheres. See attached
files. The .py files aren't in fact the "just run it" scripts :/
Becasue the Triaxial test from Filegenerator works for me best. When
run from triax-basic.py - something is different. And I didn't bother
to find out what. So I just used bodies generated from
triax-basic-with-clups.py and pasted them into .xml file generated
from FileGenerator. So the .xml files are "just run it". But remember
to update to HEAD.

Thanks for explanation!

Be careful to run with single job. With multiple cores results are
different on each run. In fact the picture that I've sentbefore  was
with jobs=3 and I had different result on another try. And now I did
the calculation again, and it is the same everytime, with jobs=1. See
the new attached picture. Two plots are overlapping each other.

  wget http://geo.hmg.inpg.fr/~janek/clumps.xml
  wget http://geo.hmg.inpg.fr/~janek/spheres.xml

Yes, I experimented this multithread variability in different situations.
Still not sure if it is a rounding error propagation (that's the official explanation - different roundings for ordering of operations), or if there are really errors. The differences look preety big for something supposed to be just rounding errors, but I was initiating simulations with loose clouds. Maybe that is the reason.

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43