Re: Contact damping

Hi guys,
just another quick question concerning damping before I commit my changes.
ATM VisoelasticPM requires the two constants cn and cs to work out the
viscous components. However, in HM I preferred to code the possibility to
enter the beta coefficients (betan and betas) through which is directly
possible to state wheter the system has to be undamped, overdamped or
critically damped. So it is also easier to assign those values since they
can range from 0 to something more than 1 depending on the case.
Q: I need a sort of equivalent mass to do it, which is something like (as in
PFC):
m=m1*m2/(m1+m2)
the only thing is that if the contact is between a ball and a box (say in
the triaxial) then this would not work. Is it possible in the contact law to
discern between bodies shape? Maybe simply pointing to shape.get()?

Thanks ! Chiara