Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2344: - miniEigen : memory leak source suspected (FIXME added)

Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:31:27 +0200)

> > > The fix in cohesiveFrictionalContactLaw.cpp:133 is :
> > > if (isnan(aa.angle())) aa.angle()=0;
> >
> > OMG, guys. we need to either modify eigen, or write a wrapper for
> > quaternions. It is not possible to put such stupid lines everywhere
> > in the code. Same goes about quaternions losing their norm()==1.0
>
> Go ask upstream eigen. They are very responsive on their forums and
> bugtracker. It is NORMAL that quaternions get denormalized, I am
> surprised you do not know that??!

c'mon, wouldn't it be better if the library took care of that, not
the user?

But I'm more concerned with 'nan's here, not denormalization.

Yes, I should go upstream, Didn't want to sound like that :)

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |