Re: Cpm model + ScGeom

I don't see anything wrong in Law2_ScGeom_CpmPhys, but I think there is a problem with contact point in ScGeom for distant interactions. In Scgeom detectionFactor>1 just changes the rule for return value of go() and Ig instanciation (for e.g. letting capillaryLaw get something even if there is no contact). detectionFactor doesn't enter any equation relative to contact geometry itself or contact law.

As a consequence, this is perhaps not what you want :

Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom.cpp :
Real penetrationDepth=s1->radius+s2->radius-distance;
scm->contactPoint=se31.position+(s1->radius-0.5*penetrationDepth)*normal;

Later used in CpmLaw like this :
applyForceAtContactPoint(BC->normalForce+BC->shearForce,contGeom->contactPoint,I->getId1(),pos1,I->getId2(),pos2);

I'm also wondering if avoidGranularRatcheting=true is not a problem in your case, since it means rad1/rad2 will be used whatever the distance. I added avoidGranularRatcheting attribute in Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom to let you choose. Or maybe you are changing refRadius in the interaction, leading to refRad1+refRad2=initialDistance? In that case it should work even with avoidGranularRatcheting=true.

I see scripts/test/cpm-dem3dof-scgeom.py is giving very different results if nSteps=1000. Do you know why? Also a bit strange : unbalanced force in uniax.py looks relatively similar in compression, but very different in traction (it is increasing with ScGeom, decreasing with Dem3Dof!)

I have more questions than answers for now, sorry.

Bruno