Re: [Rev 2451: 1. chunkSize is changed in debian/rules from 2 to 1

Hi Anton,

I was struggling with same things in the spring while packaging 0.50,
see this thread: https://answers.launchpad.net/soyuz/+question/105818

I don't think decreasing chunkSize by 1 will help, since most of the
code is common headers. Note also that decreasing chunkSize increases
size of the package _considerably_. (with chunkSize=-1, the optimized
package can get as low as a few megabytes; and I have a script to put
all the plugins (including python modules) together, which decreases the
size even more).

The option that I see is that we would build the packages elsewhere (the
grenoble cluster comes to mind) and only upload those binaries to
launchpad, along with source packages. Could you ask the launchpad guys
if that would be acceptable?

Another option is to only put source packages, and have people compile
them by themselves with apt-build.

Cheers, v.