Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2457: 1. Changes in debian/rules due to new conception of debug-build http://www.mail-archive.com/yade-...

> -	dh_strip --exclude=yade${_VERSION}-dbg   # don't strip the debug package
> +#	dh_strip --exclude=yade${_VERSION}-dbg   # don't strip the debug package
Eeeee, this is not right! We want to strip all packages (i.e. the
optimized one) but not the debug one, so that line is OK. The yade
${_VERSION}-dbg refers to the package, not to binary. So this line can
be left as-is.

>  	dh_compress

While you are at this, can you comment the dh_compress line? I just
found out that scripts packages with 0.50 (examples and scripts) are .gz
compressed, so must be unconveniently ungzipped before being run.

Otherwise, some problems with packaging? Does maverick work now?

For the binary packages at launchpad, it makes sense that they don't let
people upload binary packages. What we might to do is to upload only
source packages and have binary ones built in Grenoble (perhaps, if we
get it to work with Remi next week); they would be in a separate
repository, but not more difficult to install than packages from the
ppa.

Cheers, v.