Re: Initial ideas for the yade-pkg team

> Concerning kdevelop : for browsing, there is the
right-click->pick-something trick,
> also displaying equivalent hotkeys for each "something"
> (go to header, find definition, declaration, etc.). For gdb, there is
the trick above.

OK, but this is not good enough. There must be a file that you open with
kdevelop (or whatever else) and everything works. We want to make softare
work for us.

Yade is not an executable, it is a python script, so you have to set the
binary to python and its first argument to the yade main script. Then
debuggin will work. Attaching to a running instance is not enough for me in
this respect.

I would opt for the eclipse option, since it is multi-platform and from
what I gathered the most powerful IDE around. But someone would have to
investigate that first.

> Also interesting with msvc : you can link vs. static versions of the
libs,
> resulting in a yade.exe that everybody can download and run without the
need
> to install anything else.

I believe that you could do that with mingw too. Since yade is a python
script, it is not an executable that you can run, unless you go for some
other tricks how to make a monolithic python executable.

Cheers, v.