Re: qt4 looks nice!

Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:08:21 +0200)

> > How about adding another tab to those "Simulation, Display, Generate,
> > Python", called: "Omega" or "root body" or "Scene" and use my qt4-tree
> > serialization interface? Or your python based qt4 serialization?
> > We could even add tabs for each scene savedTmp do memory.
>
> You are welcome to do any of that. For scene, what else is there besides
> what is already in other places? Please no "Omega" or "rootBody", those
> are programmer's name which have nothing to do in the interface. The
> idea with saveTmp'd is nice, I had it some time ago, but never had
> resources to do it.
>
> The qt4-tree serialization interface is IMHO not useful, since it has to
> serialize everything every time,  will not honor Attr::triggerPostLoad
> attribute, has not access to python docstrings and so on. In short, c++
> is too heavy for UI.

OK. Too bad that I am confident with my qt4 tree. I will look into
your implementation. Unfortunately useful results are less likely
this way.

> > besides I see some minor issue when trying to 'generate' something,
> > e.g. a TriaxialTest via GUI. The error from python interface is:
> >
> > --> 125                 self.generator.generate(filename)
> >     126                 if self.generatorAutoCheck:
> >     127                         O.load(filename)
> >
> > RuntimeError: unregistered class
>
> That is (likely) a bug in boost::serialization. If you were following
> the list, we had this issue w/ ubuntu 10.10, then it went away without
> any obvious reason (so I assume it was a bug in some libs which is now
> fixed). You will have the same error for every save, not just for
> generators.

I see, so debian squeeze has currently an affected version of boost.

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |