Re: ForceResetter in python

Hi Jan,

> just one (maybe very stupid, I don't know :-) suggestion. Does
> ForceResetter() has any input parameters? and if not, is there any
> possibility to move it out from the python scripting and perform it
> automatically in the moving to the next time step? or oppositely, is
> there any necessity not to do so? I remember "debugging" one of my
> scripts with forgotten ForceResetter as the first engine, stupid
> mistake but it was not easy :-)

I was thinking about this many times, and discussed it with Bruno and Chiara. The reason to not do that is that we don't want to do things behind user's back, since he/she is supposed to understand what is going on. (Currently, Cell::integrateAndUpdate is called in such a hidden way.) OTOH your reasoning is valid as well. I prefer to keep it explicit, and I might add a check at the beginning of InteractionLoop, which would say that you might have forgotten to use ForceResetter. Would that be OK?

> I am not yet very familiar with Yade core, so maybe this thinking is
> totally nonsense, if yes, sorry in advance :-)

Come on --

Cheers! Vaclav