Re: Call for volunteers

*raise-up-my-hand*

I would like to test all scripts for the bzr-version and would try to fix the error- and warning-messages. I think this is very important improvement of yade for beginners. If I have time I will begin next week.

Regards,

Christian.

Zitat von Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi there,

There are three well defined tasks that have been pending for a while:

1- cleaning the script/test/example folders, as explained in
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/yade/+spec/cleanscripts

2- replacing https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Yade by
https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/  as the front page of the website
(yade-dem.org). As discussed in
http://www.mail-archive.com/yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg02798.html, the
sphinx page should be improved a little bit before such switch.

3- building a table with a list of functors so that users are not lost
in front of too many of them. There is already something here:
https://yade-dem.org/wiki/ConstitutiveLaws, but it's not been updated
for a while, the names are irrelevant, some laws are missing  and more
data could be added (eg. publications, developper(s), validated:
yes/no/which script or which publication, etc...)

Task 1 needs some time to try scripts, make the most trivial fixes
("yade --update" would be enough in many cases), and sort the scripts in
different folders.
Task 2 needs to modify doc/sphinx/templates/index.html
Task 3 needs to setup the table (probably in the wiki page
https://yade-dem.org/wiki/ConstitutiveLaws) and communicate with the
different developers to input the data.

Anton suggests to make a new release soon, which would be very nice. For
this reason, task 1 could be considered the priority in the short term,
but it doesn't imply to disregard the other ones.

So please, if somebody is volunteer for taking the lead for one of the
tasks, raise your hand. :)

Cheers.

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor