Re: Call for volunteers

Big thanks Christian!
Anton also silently started working on (2).

Don't try to fix the scripts if there is no obvious way to do so, else
it could be time consuming.
For instance, in this case you can move directly to "not working folder"
because of the argument error:

Running script ../yade-fresh/scripts/Damping_HM.py
~/yade/lib/yade-fresh-mono/py/yade/utils.py:214: DeprecationWarning:
dynamic=False is deprecated, use fixed=True instead

_commonBodySetup(b,V,geomInert,material,pos=center,dynamic=dynamic,fixed=fixed)
~/yade/lib/yade-fresh-mono/py/yade/utils.py:199: DeprecationWarning:
dynamic=True is deprecated, use fixed=False instead

_commonBodySetup(b,V,Vector3(geomInert,geomInert,geomInert),material,pos=center,dynamic=dynamic,fixed=fixed)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./yade-fresh-mono", line 182, in runScript
    execfile(script,globals())
  File "../yade-fresh/scripts/Damping_HM.py", line 28, in <module>
    O.bodies[1].state.blockedDOFs=['rx','ry','rz'] # block particles
rotations
ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    None.None(State, list)
did not match C++ signature:
    None(State {lvalue}, std::string)

In other cases, you will get no error but just a deprecation warning,
with an explicit message how to fix. In this case, edit and replace
dynamic=False by fixed=True.

Running script ../yade-fresh/scripts/exact-rot-facet.py
~/yade/lib/yade-fresh-mono/py/yade/utils.py:199: DeprecationWarning:
dynamic=False is deprecated, use fixed=True instead

_commonBodySetup(b,V,Vector3(geomInert,geomInert,geomInert),material,pos=center,dynamic=dynamic,fixed=fixed)

Sometimes, you can also fix automatically (e.g. when class names changed):

./yade-fresh-mono ../yade-fresh/scripts/test/chained-cylinder-roots.py
Running script ../yade-fresh/scripts/test/chained-cylinder-roots.py
~/yade/lib/yade-fresh-mono/py/yade/__init__.py:51: DeprecationWarning:
Class `Ip2_2xCohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys' was renamed to (or replaced by)
`Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys', update your code! (you can
run 'yade --update script.py' to do that automatically)

./yade-fresh-mono --update
../yade-fresh/scripts/test/chained-cylinder-roots.py
Welcome to Yade bzr3036
../yade-fresh/scripts/test/chained-cylinder-roots.py: 2 subtitutions
made, backup in ../yade-fresh/scripts/test/chained-cylinder-roots.py~

Let us know if you need more help.

Bruno