Re: Performance of yae package vs. local build

2013/3/27 Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> They are the same actually, with the exception of flag "-s" that I have
> here and which doesn't seem to exist as a valid flag (not sure where it
> comes from yet).

gcc -s: Remove all symbol table and relocation information from the executable.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1349166/gcc-s-and-bash-command-strip

> Is there a place to check more precisely how the package is built
> (version of gcc, cmake command, etc.)?

https://launchpad.net/~yade-pkg/+archive/snapshots/+packages

Choose the distributions, which you use, architecture and check the build-logs.

> And do you also notice different speeds between packaged and compiled
> binaries?

Well, I did not check that, but it should be relatively similar.

Anton