Re: master branch commit

Please Luc reply to list, not to me (you probably have a "reply to list"
button in thunderbird, else reply to all and keep only yade-dev).

> I thought this line:
>
> "To avoid confusing logs after each commit/pull/push cycle, it is
> convenient to setup automatic rebase
> <http://www.stevenharman.net/git-pull-with-automatic-rebase>: "
>
> was not mandatory. It only appears after the "basic" pull, commit,
> push procedure and it is far from clear what it means (maybe just for
> me though).

I don't get it, sorry. What you call "basic" cycle is pull/commit/push.
I don't think this part is difficult (assuming you read from top to
bottom ;) ).
You did commit/pull/push.  At that point you were already not following
the instructions.

The wiki page is written for a reason. If you feel something is not
clear, better ask, don't skip.
Keep in mind that yade/trunk is shared by many, extreme care is
mandatory when dealing with it. This is a condition for push rights.

autorebase is not mandatory actually. I don't think Anton ever used it.
You may as well forget that part and stick to the pull/commit/push.

> Maybe, we should insist on saying that "automatic rebase" (whatever
> that means), is mandatory to avoid "merge bubbles". Maybe we could
> indicate this page
> (http://stevenharman.net/git-pull-with-automatic-rebase) to explain
> why this method id necessary...

Guess what? This page is already linked (the hyperlink on "automatic
rebase", did you click it?). I admit that the sentence on auto-rebase
can sound obscure, but the wiki is not supposed to replace git
documentation + google searches.

If you think the word "mandatory" would help, feel free to add it.
I'm afraid it will not prevent similar situations to happen again... :(