Re: "About integrating a third party library to yade"

2013/10/10 Burak ER <burak.er@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Anton,
>
> I have added tetgen into lib/tetgen then added a line into cmakelist
> SET(SRC_LIB
> "${SRC_LIB};lib/tetgen/tetgen.cpp;lib/tetgen/predicates.cpp").
> I think it is a compatible way with the overall yade development.

Yes, it is OK.

> About the licensing; all the yade depending third party software are
> currently at least LGPL(not GPL) which allows yade to be used for
> commercial purposes?

They are all DFSG-compatible [1]. Tetgen has a restriction, that
is why it is in "non-free" section in Debian.

There is one more library (metis), which was recently relicensed toward
DFSG-compatible license and packaged [3]. You can have a look.
Maybe it will fit your needs.

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract
[2] http://packages.debian.org/sid/tetgen
[3] http://packages.debian.org/sid/metis