Re: Why Ip2 functors must be symmetric?

Hi Bruno

> I think non-symmetric functors are rarely necessary since most
> combinations can be dealt with via inheritance (e.g. Frict vs CohFrict
> is interpreted as Frict vs. Frict since CohFrict inherits from Frict).

Exactly, but what if you want it to behave it like a cohesive contact. This is
not possible at the current stage. So non-symmetric Ip2 functors would make
sense here, right? And looking at the variety of material we have (some are
not inherited from FrictMat) I can see some more benefits.

> However, I am like you, I don't see the reason why it is asserted
> symmetric. I suggest to try your idea after removing this constraint and
> see if it works as accepted.

Ok, I will try.

Any idea about the goReverse? Can it be removed?

Klaus