Re: parallel collider - testing needed

> I rotated the wall below a little bit to make it slightly aslope. This
> is the reason why columns can collapse (not because truncation error):

I see.

> As you mentioned in a previous post we should define two benchmarking
> scripts. One for quasi-static simulations and one for dynamic ones.
> The one I used for comparison to PFC is quasi-static at the beginning
> and turns into a dynamic one.
> It seems not to be the best choice for a benchmark.
It is a good benchmark overall, the problem is that it is hardly
reproducible. Each run can give a really different total time (more than
a factor 2 between two measure time, didn't you see that to? or it is my
computer that failed for some reason?), so it needs a very large number
of runs to get a relevant average. It also means that subtle difference
in codes could lead to systematic bias.
I would change the benchmark a little, with some randomness in the
initial positions.

I could prepare another benchmark of the triaxial type. It can combines
dynamics in the initial steps and static situations after enough steps.