Re: parallel collider - testing needed

On 10/04/14 02:01, Klaus Thoeni wrote:
> just to clarify, Test 2 is done by increasing the number of iterations (1x, 3x
> and 12x the number of iterations specified in checkPerf.py). This means the
> number of interactions should increase as well and, hence, particle velocities
> should decrease because of more interactions.
That is what I was thinking. And more interactions means less (relative)
time spent in collider.

> I added a table with the collider scaling factor for 1 million particles and
> iter x 12.
Thanks! So there is still an optimum near 12-14. It may be possible to
improve (choosing approriate chunksizes internally), but it needs
serious testing.

> Note your T(j8)=T(j1)/5.8 is actually T(j8)=T(j1)/4.8. Where did you get the
> number from? You must look into the uploaded files in order to get this numbers
I used the x1 line since I was not expecting any influence of the number
of steps on the collider's performance:
187/20=5.8
Now I see it is different with other lines. Weird.