Re: SPH and DEM and QM :) in Yade,

 Also everyone has
wide LCD screens and tab-completion. So there is no reason to try to
make names shorter. So I propose those names:

  Body
  DiscreteElementBody

At least for DEM, (whose meaning is surely known by each Yade user), I vote for DEMBody. At same clarity level, shorter names are better from my point of view. Maybe we can not assume that everyone has as good computer stuff (and can use it as well..) as you.

For the idea of deriving new Body classes, I have no negative opinion (it won't hurt the python loops in BodyContainer, I guess ?)

Jerome