Re: SPH and DEM and QM :) in Yade,

Jerome Duriez said:     (by the date of Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:37:13 +0000)

>  Also everyone has
> wide LCD screens and tab-completion. So there is no reason to try to
> make names shorter. So I propose those names:
>
>   Body
>   DiscreteElementBody
>

> At least for DEM, (whose meaning is surely known by each Yade
> user), I vote for DEMBody. At same clarity level, shorter names are
> better from my point of view. Maybe we can not assume that everyone
> has as good computer stuff (and can use it as well..) as you.

I see your point. Also somehow I'm also inclined towards QMBody ... :)
And historically we had FEMBody, not FiniteElementBody, I wonder why?

> For the idea of deriving new Body classes, I have no negative
> opinion (it won't hurt the python loops in BodyContainer, I guess ?)

Don't worry it will work :) If not - I'll fix it ;)

Also - Bruno, Francois, I think that your ChainedCylinder which uses
variable Body->chain should also use its own type of Body, for
the purpose of adding this `chain` attribute. Maybe call it
DEMChainedBody ?

I'm not hurrying towards all these changes. We have plenty of time
so we can discuss :)

best regards
--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |