Re: Potential Particles (DEM non-spherical particles)

Hi,

> I have commited the implementation of my previous published work with my
> co-authors, Stefano Utili and Guy Houlsby here.  It took some time to check
> that it is still compatible.
>
> C.W. Boon, G.T. Houlsby, S. Utili (2013).  A new contact detection algorithm
> for three-dimensional non-spherical particles.  Powder Technology, 248, pp
> 94-102. (PLEASE CITE)

Yes, this article is available under the mark [Boon2012b].

[Boon2012b] https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/publications.html

> Please let me know if it is available in the committed list.  I am not too
> familiar with github, and there were some complaints of too large file size
> from my .vtk example, and I have deleted it, but it seems like this is in
> the memory of github.  But I believe other files are committed nicely.
>
> How do I access onto YADE's website so that I can add a Section on how to
> use the function?

You can just write a simple text and send to somebody of us and we will
commit it into the github. Also you can just send us a complete patch
or a "pull request". All variants are OK.

> There is an example file in trunks/examples/PotentialParticles.   Note that
> when defining the particle aabb is used to define the display, whereas
> AabbRotated is used for bounding boxes.  The vtk files can be opened with
> ParaView-4.3.  I have uploaded both my personal implementation and another
> function to call an external library MOSEK.  The latter is not mandatory but
> helps in improving robustness.  It is commented out.  Please uncomment it if
> you can link it to MOSEK (strongly recommended).  I am not able to check
> whether or not MOSEK's new release is still compatible with my old one (ver
> 6), but it is not too difficult to update that part since it is just passing
> of variables.

I am not able to find this example in the trunk. Please send a patch or your
files then we will be able to try to compile and discuss it.

Best regards

Anton