Re: Hello everyone, Janek is back

Hi Janek,

Welcome back.

Very briefly:

We actually recently tackled "rock fracking" problems with Timos, Frederic
and Bruno (just have a look at:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S136516091730076X) by
combining the JCFPM and the PFV scheme.

Timos is still working on it but all the developments should be available
in current YADE version. Timos should also provide a simple working script
very soon (Timos, if you see this, please do it asap).

For your problem of non initially stress free packing, I am not sure I
understand correctly but you could have a look at the JCFPM where the
equilibrium distance is initialized at the contact detection. Besides, the
JCFPM enables to model materials with pre-existing discontinuities (e.g.
fractured rock masses) as described in several papers (see for instance:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1365160912000391 and
https://academic.oup.com/gji/article/191/2/467/640987/Strength-characterization-of-rock-masses-using-a
).

Please do not hesitate if you want more details or explanations.

Cheers

Luc