Re: Hello everyone, Janek is back

Luc Scholtes said:     (by the date of Fri, 14 Apr 2017 13:07:21 +0200)

> We actually recently tackled "rock fracking" problems with Timos, Frederic
> and Bruno (just have a look at:
> http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S136516091730076X) by
> combining the JCFPM and the PFV scheme.

Wow, that is a super-interesting paper! Thank you very much. I need to read this carefully.

> Timos is still working on it but all the developments should be available
> in current YADE version. Timos should also provide a simple working script
> very soon (Timos, if you see this, please do it asap).

Please take your time and make a nice working example
script, or a few ones. And better make it good than quick :)

> For your problem of non initially stress free packing, I am not sure I
> understand correctly but you could have a look at the JCFPM where the
> equilibrium distance is initialized at the contact detection. Besides, the
> JCFPM enables to model materials with pre-existing discontinuities (e.g.
> fractured rock masses) as described in several papers (see for instance:
> http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1365160912000391 and
> https://academic.oup.com/gji/article/191/2/467/640987/Strength-characterization-of-rock-masses-using-a

great, I am reading this now! :)

> Please do not hesitate if you want more details or explanations.

of course! :)

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |