Re: Mathjax/imgmath for math output in doc ?

Answer:

By defaut, maths expressions are rendered in the sphinx doc as png images, which requires having "dvipng" installed on your machine.
"sudo apt install dvipng" solved my problem.

Hope it may help someone one day, at least..

Jérôme

------
Chargé de Recherche / Research Associate
Irstea, RECOVER
3275 route de Cézanne – CS 40061 13182 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 5 FRANCE
+33 (0)4 42 66 99 21

A free DEM conference in April: https://2ndyadeworkshop.sciencesconf.org/

The equations from https://yade-dem.org/doc/ actually look more like images than mathjax products [*], then the exact same two questions (below) seem rather to be about imgmath / pngmath things (sphinx extensions ?) than MathJax
Sorry for spamming..

[*] http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/ext/math.html#module-sphinx.ext.imgmath

------
Chargé de Recherche / Research Associate
Irstea, RECOVER
3275 route de Cézanne – CS 40061 13182 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 5 FRANCE
+33 (0)4 42 66 99 21

A free DEM conference in April:https://2ndyadeworkshop.sciencesconf.org/

When I locally build the doc for my local YADE versions (launching "make doc" from the build folder, and browsing afterwards doc/sphinx/_build/html/ in this build folder), all maths latex commands do not display properly in the local html pages I get. Typing $k_n$ (or directly :math:`k_n`) in a docstring just gives "k_n" as such (without any other characters) in the corresponding html.

From my (limited) understanding, the reason could be a non-working MathJax thing on my system.

- do you confirm MathJax is necessary for doc-building with proper rendering of math expressions ? - how do you deal with / install / configure MathJax on your systems ? (if someone ever faced this issue ? on 3SR cluster responsible for https://yade-dem.org/doc/ at least ?)

Thanks,

Jérôme
------