Removal of TranslationEngine

Hi Bruno,

answering here not to pollute the original question [1].

You can impose the velocity of the piston as b.state.vel=(x,y,z) after
> setting b.state.blockedDOFs='xyzXYZ'. You then make it zero in the begining
> and change for something else at some point.
> TranslationEngine makes this simple thing excessively complex in my
> opinion. I would suggest to forget it (*).
> Bruno
> (*) and even to remove it from source code for its anti-didactic effect,
> to keep only truly involved helico-rotational motion engines present

I agree that for single body / a few bodies, blockedDOFs + setting vel is
much more easier and that TranslationEngine has anti-didactic effect.

I disagree with removing it from source code (if you don't mean just
examples, there yes). TranslationEngine is IMO more appropriate for
multiple bodies. You can also use dead=True/False easily etc.
Also it is useful for CombinedKinematicEngine (although a new very general
kinematic engine altering current functionality could be implemented).

cheers
Jan

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/671132

Follow ups